Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!

Daisies require little maintenance, look good both in open meadows and in perennial beds with their daisy flowers and are popular with gardeners. But are they completely harmless or do they contain toxins?

Although daisies are not poisonous, they can cause skin irritation

Non-toxic but irritating

All types of daisies are non-toxic. This applies to both adults and children. Even pets such as dogs, cats and rabbits are not at risk if they taste the daisy.

But beware:

  • all plant parts contain so-called polyacetylenes
  • these substances can cause skin irritation
  • Symptoms: Redness and itching (contact dermatitis)
  • occurs mainly sensitive people
  • Sensitive people should therefore wear gloves when handling

tips

The plant parts of the marguerite and especially the flowers are not only edible, but also have a healing effect. Enjoyed pure or as a tea, they have a calming and antispasmodic effect and help with abscesses and open cuts.

Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!

Category: