Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!

In care, the Mediterranean viburnum is enviably undemanding. But he also convinces with his leaves, his flowers and his fruits. Is it completely safe to use?

Viburnum tinus is only slightly poisonous

Slightly toxic

As an evergreen snowball, Viburnum tinus is poisonous, just like its relatives. Bark, leaves and the unripe berries with their stone pits contain the highest concentration of poison. Toxicity applies to both humans and animals. Among others, coumarins and diterpenes are responsible.

Take your body's signals seriously

Since the parts of the plant taste unpleasant both outside and during the flowering period, poisoning is rather unlikely. After consumption, the body gives clear signals that indicate poisoning:

  • Gastrointestinal Pain
  • nausea
  • nausea
  • Vomit
  • diarrhea
  • bloody urine
  • cardiac arrhythmias
  • shortness of breath

tips

When cutting this plant, especially when touching its bark, you should wear gloves to avoid allergic reactions.

Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!

Category: