Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Conventional wall tubs can only score with practical advantages. The dreary pots are by no means decorative. With a few simple steps, however, you can transform the cheap-looking pots into impressive works of art that you will no longer want to be without in the garden. With the many variants, there is certainly a suitable idea for your garden.Wall pots can be spiced up easily with a little paint
Obtain wall tubs
With a wall bucket you have the choice between a square or a round shape. In addition, the capacity of different models varies between 12 and 40 liters.
Prepare wall pots as plant pots
Because wall buckets are actually designed to mix mortar in, they don't have a hole in the bottom. To prevent waterlogging later, you must install a drainage system. In general, you should first check your wall bucket for cracks before you start working.
Convert wall tubs into plant tubs
- Expanded clay (19.73€) from a hydroponic culture
- possibly compost
- a fleece
- roof battens
- cordless drill
- hammer and nails
- a brush
- bucket roller
- Place the wall bucket on the bucket roller.
- Crumble the styrofoam and lay it out on the floor.
- Alternatively, use gravel or expanded clay.
- Place the plant fleece on the drainage.
- Work some compost into the soil.
- Fill the pot with the substrate.
- Finish just below the brim.
- Cut the roof battens according to the bucket height.
- Attach the roof battens to the outer wall of the bucket using cross braces.
- Now you can plant your planter.
A plant pot from a wall tub comes close to a raised bed. Vegetable plants and herbs are therefore particularly suitable. Recommended for sunny locations are:
- and cucumbers